Friday, August 3, 2012

MS1, day 1

Today was the official first day of classes at med school.  I think we were all expecting an easy day with course introductions, lab protocol instructions and the like.  The beginning of the day was pretty relaxed.  We started out spending 30 minutes hearing about histology, then went upstairs to meet our "first patients."  I was surprised as I was quite nervous in the moments before they removed the shroud even though I have seen 3 dissected cadavers and countless surgeries.  After lunch we had 2 hours of anatomy lecture.  The first lecture was pretty low key.... just basic anatomical terms.  The second lecture was where the pace picked up.  We learned a lot of material in one short hour.  It was the most fascinating, engaging lecture I have ever attended.  Our professor is awesome.  Even so, everyone was in a bit of a daze at the end, and my brain was more than fried.  My plans for an easy, low key weekend are shot, and I will definitely be spending the weekend in library.

Here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment