Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3rd Year Clerkship Order

We got our clerkship order for next year yesterday. Our school assigns clerkship with a computerized lottery system. First everyone ranks 90 different scheduling possibilities from 1 to 90 then a computer works some magic and assigns everyone their own schedule. Generally, if there is something that you think you might want to pursue, you want it in the middle. There is some other general wisdom, like having Internal Medicine first prepares you for the rest of the year, but having it last is really great for Step 2. My schedule is near perfect. 



The only thing I would change is to have Neurology between Surgery and Medicine. Those are two pretty intense rotations, and at 8 weeks each, having them back to back can be rough. I'm SUPER happy I have my electives last. Either I will pick really easy ones sonOncan study for Step 2 or I'll pick something in OBGYN so I can get more letters. Peds is first which is excellent- have absolutely no interest in Peds and I'm not a huge kid person so will be glad to get that out of the way. OBGYN is situated dead center which is awesome. Next up is rotation location lottery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment