Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break!

This week has been spring break, which translates to a week and a half of uninterrupted study time.  With my fiancé in Mexico for the past three days, you'd think I would get in a ton of study time.  Well, it's good to make plans.  Work has gotten done, but there have definitely been a few days were instead of working the 10 hours a day I intended, the hours add up more to a modest 5.  One day I spent the entire time on the couch watching House.  It turns out that the house writers in season 1 LOVE vasculitis…. apparently its in the differential for everything.  Also caught a pretty blazing error in the first season, they refer to Toxoplasma (Toxoplasma gondii) as a fungus.  It most definitely is not a fungus, and in fact is a protozoa that spreads through cat feces.  It's generally not a problem unless you are pregnant or immunosuppressed.

In other news, my mom, brother, and sister (who flew in from Oregon) are driving up from DC for my bridal shower/bachelorette party tomorrow.  I decided to put them both in the same day because 1) I couldn't afford to lose two study weekend this close to finals/Step I and 2) My sister/maid of honor lives in Oregon and I wanted her to be able to attend both without breaking the bank of air fare.  Because the wedding is so close to my Step I date (5 days after), I couldn't put the events in the wedding week due to fear of being massively hungover on my wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment