Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recovery

I always feel like it takes several days to recover from a big exam. Our most recent one was on Friday. Since it was match day, they decided to make our exams be one hour earlier so we wouldn't have to listen to all of the commotion being made by people in a far happier place than we were. We started at 8 am and ended at noon. 4 hours, 255 questions. It was awful. So awful that by the time you get to the last 20 questions, you don't even care anymore. You just want to bubble in all C's and be done. Add to that the 2 week run of chronic sleep deprivation and you end up with a severe post exam hangover. 

Luckily for me, I decided the weekend needed to be full of activities:
-Friday: after the exam, went home, had a strong cocktail and passed out. Woke up, showered and drove into the city to Brooklyn for my friend's birthday party. My fiancĂ© met me there, we had a lovely time and were home in bed by around 2am. 
-Saturday: Woke up at 7:30 so I could wash off the stench of hipster cocktails before the F and I left for our 9:30 am appointment to see an apartment.  The apartment sucked. Next, I went to school to teach science to some middle school kids in the STEP program.  F picked me up at 2:30, we took our dog to the dog park then went home. I promptly passed out. Woke up to eat dinner then went back to bed. 
-Sunday: had another apartment appointment at 11, home by 12. Worked on catching up on emails and wedding things until we left around 4. Drove into the city to go wedding suit shopping then met another old friend for dinner in the east village. Home by 11, went immediately to bed. 

Needless to say I'm still recovering, while also trying to learn GI pathology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment