Friday, March 7, 2014

Study Snack!

Lately I've switched to being the student who never goes to class and studies from home.  This is partially due to the fact that my med school FINALLY agreed to camtasia (where they record the powerpoint/smartboard slides with voiceover and post the videos to the internet) all lectures and partially because I've completely lost my ability to pay attention to 3 hours straight of lecture (or more accurately, I never had the ability, and finally recognized that not paying attention in lecture for 2 hours was a waste of 2 hours).

My new system is to watch lectures from home on camtasia.  It takes me a little bit longer because I pause to take notes, go to the bathroom, search Facebook, slam my head into the desk…. but overall I think it's a time saver because I only have to watch/read (via transcription) the lecture once.  Added bonus, my dog is SUPER happy about the situation.

Another bonus of studying from home is I save a ton of money because I don't have to worry about forgetting/not having time to pack my lunch.  I have a pretty fast metabolism, so I usually get hungry around 10:30-11ish and need a snack.  Today I'm trying spin on a recipe I found somewhere on Pinterest- Roasted Chick Peas.  They are super healthy, a great source of protein, and take a minimum amount of time to make.  Plus, in the winter (especially this polar vortex fueled winter from hell) I find myself craving something warm.

Here is the recipe I went with today (The nice thing is when you get tired of one flavor, you can change it up!!):



Roasted Spicy Chick Peas:  Active time: less than 5 minutes
-1 can chick peas drained (I use canned organic chickpeas from TJs)
-Olive oil (just drizzle it all over)
-pinch of salt
-1/2 Teaspoon each of curry powder, cumin, and chili powder
-dash of cayenne pepper

Toss all ingredients in the colander that you drained your chickpeas in (I imagine you could do the same with the can and save a dish)

Throw onto a baking sheet lined with tinfoil (I didn't do the tinfoil this time, but it makes the cleanup even faster)

Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes and VOILA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment